A higher price tag doesn’t necessarily make something look nicer, feel better or last longer. When it comes to fashion, having more money to spend only means that you have more options on where to spend it.
You can look just as good, if not better, and spend less money in the process if you just know where to shop.
We decided to put together this list of hidden gems – places where you can buy super cute, fashionable clothes, but for a lot less money. We’ve included a couple well known favorites as well as a ton of lesser known shops you’ve probably never heard of.
Best Affordable Fashion Retailers
- Forever 21 – This place has found that magical middle ground where both 11 year old girls and 40 year old women can find something they love in the store. They have everything from fun, trendy pieces to classic, simple basics – and their prices are the lowest you’ll find. I have camisoles that I’ve worn for almost five years now and they were $3.80 each. Super soft, perfect fit and awesome for layering. Same goes for their basic cap sleeve tees – I think those were $5.80. Fashion tops are anywhere from $9 to $40 depending on the top. The only thing I’d recommend is to actually go in to the store instead of shopping online. Forever 21 is notorious for images where the color shown on the website looks VERY different from the color of the item in real life. Plus, as is the case with most stores like this, you can tell a lot from seeing and feeling the fabric in person. The material can make a piece look either amazing or terrible – and it’s hard to differentiate between the two from their stock images.
- SugarLips – Go now! This store has every basic you could ever need – for a killer price. We are obsessed. They also have a deal where you get 25% off if you buy three or more pieces. Their stuff is classy and perfect for pairing with other pieces you already have in your closet. This is one of our top recommmendations.
- Cotton On – Another top favorite of ours. This place is to die for. You will love their stuff! Priced super low, you get great stuff for the price. This is one of my favorites. They even offer free shipping on all orders over $45.
- Chloe Loves Charlie – This place has some adorable finds. Every couple items is on markdown and this will be where you find the best deals.
- 2020Ave – Another darling retailer with super cute finds and stellar prices. Tops range from just $9 to about $33. Cute cute basics as well as a good selection of trendy pieces too.
- Love Culture – Oh so cute. Well, there ARE a few items that are a no-go, but for the most part, you can find ultra cute pieces for next to nothing.
- TJ Maxx’s New Online Junior’s Department – To die for. Awesome stuff, now (as of this week) available online! This is stellar. TJ Maxx, or ‘Teej’ as we like to call it, is one my top places I regularly hit. I’ve found some of my best all time steals here. I’m a regular shopper and would recommend it to anyone. It’s an especially great place to find designer handbags and shoes for way way less than anywhere else.
- Necessary Clothing – Another must shop site. Very cute stuff, very affordable prices.
- H&M – This store has a lot fashions in the same price range as Forever 21, as well as a few that are a few dollars more (still very affordable though). Forever 21 still takes the cake as far as fit and fabric, but H&M has a ton of additional options and is still a place you’ll want to explore.
A Few More Options
Although their prices aren’t quite as cheap as the list above, here are a few more ‘still-pretty-dang-affordable’ places you should stop by.
- Sosie – Although the regular prices are a bit more than the ones on our main list, this little shop has quite a few markdowns, which put their pieces right around the price range that we like. Here’s a direct link to their sale page.
- A-Thread – They have quite a few cute tops for $19 on their sale page.
- Publik – This site had some absolutely to die for tops for $18 and $20. Others were priced between $30-40, but there were still plenty of hot fashion items for quite affordable prices. Definitely check them out.
- ThreadSence – SUCH cute stuff. And you can get free shipping when you create your account.
- URBANOG – This one made our list, but it was a little hit and miss. There are some absolutely adorable items here, but you have to be selective.
The Next Step
Less expensive stores are great. But, you may be shocked to know how possible it is to get actual designer clothes for close to the same price. Yes, I’m for real.
If you’re ready to take the next step up, check out our complete guide to getting designer clothes for less. And be sure to check out our new Frugal Finds page. We feature many highly discounted designer items that we don’t want you to miss!
The price tag of an item has so little to do with what will actually look good on you. Now that you know WHERE to go to get cute, affordable clothing, stay tuned for an upcoming blog post on HOW to make your outfits look more expensive. So often, it comes down to things like fit, color, fabric, and how you pair items. We’ll teach you how to look amazing for next to nothing.
Do you have any favorite go-to stores for cheap fashion? Let us know in the comments!