We all know the dangers of getting too much sun from tanning outdoors or in tanning beds. It seemed that self tanners would be a lifesaver for those of us who adore the look of sun kissed skin. However, anyone who’s thought about trying one is likely a little apprehensive about choosing the best product. The only way to ensure you don’t end up with a full sized bottle of a self tanner that turns you orange or leaves streaks is to test out a few before you make a purchase.
Here are our latest deals, discounts and samples for a variety of self tanning lotions, and gradual self tanners. Some work with one treatment, others build up the color over a few applications. Try a few of these free self tanning lotion samples and you’re bound to find the one that works best on your skin tone and skin type.
* We’ve also included any indoor tanning lotions and other tanning related samples, but we recommend thinking twice before using a tanning bed. You can get just as gorgeous a glow by using a self tanner – and you’ll prevent damage to your skin in the process.
As you are applying, here are a few pointers to help you get the best results from your self tanner:
1. Shower and exfoliate your skin right before you plan on applying the tanner. Use a body scrub or a loofah to help exfoliate. Pay special attention to rougher areas like the knees, elbows, ankles and heels.
2. Prior to application, use a little lotion on your knees, ankles, feet and elbows. Drier, rougher areas of the body tend to absorb much more color from the tanner than the rest of your body, so doing this will help you to avoid having the tell-tale signs of too much color in certain spots. The lotion will also help blend the color instead of leaving lines near those spots.
3. Wash your hands immediately after use. There’s nothing worse than orange palms or dark tanner color in between your fingers. If you don’t wash your hands, the tanner will start to color your nails, underneath your nails, between your fingers and your palms. By the time it shows up, it’ll be too late to wash it off!
4. After you’re done, wait to dress for five to ten minutes, or until the self tanner is dry. This will help the color to set in and will also help you avoid getting it on your clothes.
5. Re apply the tanner daily until you’ve reached your ideal color. But be careful not to go overboard. A nice basic tan looks great, but looking like an Oompaloompa doesn’t.